Sunday, January 1, 2012
Shrink Yo' Self in 2012
Well, through my mentor with the HEB Zooma Girlfriends Program (ZGP) mentor, Lisa, I found a really cool website she writes for....Shrinking Jeans....and through that site a challenge.... http://shrinkingjeans.net/2012/01/shrink-yoself-in-2012-new-challenge/trackback/
I've signed up for the challenge and have some goals for the new year. First, let me start by saying that this is going to be a tough year for me....I have a lot that I want to accomplish and have to try to stay motivated...hopefully voicing all that I need to do, will help.
This is an 8 week challenge....so here are some goals for the 8 weeks and how I might go about achieving them:
1. work out 4-5 times a week....plan on sitting with my calendar this evening & actually scheduling them...I have a workout calendar for the ZGP & will have to adapt with hubby's work schedule. (schedule will include run/walks & boot camp)
2. Lose 16 pounds....that's 2 per week....I had my last soda yesterday & think this will help a lot...plan on figuring out how I can start Weight Watchers again....not sure about meeting bc of the boys, but somehow...it has worked in the past...just have to stick to it.
3. Run/Walk a half marathon at the end of March...Zooma....I am hoping to run some of it...had a great start yesterday with a group run/walk...ran more bc of a great mentor who helped me along! I think I am going to really need some of these group runs to push me....I know she won't always want to run at my SLOW pace, but yesterday was really great
The following are goals that are not connected with the weight loss/exercise, but are important to me:
4. Get control of the laundry....hubby said he will help me get started with this today...we have piles of clothes around the house clean & dirty....if I can get it all put away or in dirty piles in the hall to begin washing today, it will be a huge start. I need to go through the boys' dresser drawers & pull what does not fit....then my closet (that's going to be a larger project). I am hoping to work on a system during the month of January...get control, then move to another part of the house....one thing at a time, right??
5. Some sort of cleaning schedule....I like the idea from fly lady, but I can't incorporate all of that right now...if I can some up with something that will work for us...a little each day....
6. Figure out how to do all this, blog some, reply to emails timely & keep sane....if anyone has any advice, please let me know!!!!
This is a post that I am going to be going back to A LOT this year....I have 208 days until I turn 40 & want to be in better shape, down a size or 2 & live in a cleaner, more organized house....can I do it???? I hope so....because right after I turn 40, my oldest is going to start kindergarten....ack! Let's see if I can do this!